Rates for Fiction and Non-fiction Books
Manuscript Critique – <50k words $250; 50k-100k words $450
- A big-picture assessment of major issues wth the manuscript. Great for early drafts.
Substantive (Developmental, Content) Editing
- For in-depth examination of the project focusing on both big-picture issues and smaller ones. we analyze the content of the project, how it reaches the audience, and where improvements can be made before rewriting takes place. Great for the development period of a book, essay, article, or blog.
- Ongoing develomental work and consultations – $40/hr
Line and Copy Editing
- Estimated at $0.015/word*
- Improve style and language, phrasing, word choice, flow, and voice
- Correct grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Format to industry standards
Rush Service – +25%
- For projects which need to be completed with a very quick turnaround.
Volume discounts are available for multiple projects.
* The above are standard rates. However, the work necessary to complete different jobs can vary considerably due to multiple factors. Please note that, upon assessement, rates may change to compensate for additional workload.
If you’re interested in learning more about industry standard editing rates, follow the links below (rates are in US dollars):